The Coconut Oil Miracle!! Yes it is a miracle and I can't stop talking about it! I became enlightened with how AMAZING this product is after reading the amazing book obviously titled "The Coconut Oil Miracle". I was skeptical at first as I looked down at this hardened white stuff that scarily resembled hardened pig fat; and at 130 calories a tablespoon I had my doubts. Boy oh boy was I wrong!
Coconut oil is a saturated fat. Yes a saturated fat and it's good for you! Most people today that are trying to live a healthy lifestyle and keep fat off of their bodies assume that they should be eating no fat of any kind, but this is so wrong. Fats (the right kinds of fats) actually aid in weight loss! Coconut oil especially has been given a bad name by our health and food industries because of a strong move by food manufacturers to use main cash crops in the US like soy. So much of what we are told to eat by health food companies is hugely affected by what is easy and cheap to manufacture for the US industry, not at all by what is actually good for our bodies. Unlike coconut oil, the soy industry is destroying rain forests left and right and polluting our earth faster than any other crop industry.
So, I'm telling you, use coconut oil! It is good for everything, and I mean everything! Lately it has been my solution to every problem. I feel like the father in My Big Fat Greek Wedding with his windex, I swear coconut oil will fix everything!
Well maybe not everything but here are only some of the benefits!
From organicfacts.net "The health benefits of coconut oil include hair care, skin care, stress relief, maintaining cholesterol levels, weight loss, increased immunity, proper digestion and metabolism, relief from kidney problems, heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, HIV, cancer, dental care, and bone strength". According to this website and many other resources I have researched, including the book "The Coconut Oil Miracle" the benefits of coconut oil are attributed to the presence of lauric acid. Now i'm not into the whole sciency thing of breaking down saturated fats, etc so if you're interested in the science side check out this website.
http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/organic-coconut-oil/health-benefits-of-coconut-oil.html
So, this post is already long enough but trust me, with how obsessed I have become with coconut oil, I will be back to tell you more about it and how it has helped me ASAP. For now, head to your nearest whole food and buy some! Put it on your face, drink it in your coffee, spread it on your bread, heck scream its praises to the wind and hope that everyone jumps on board with this phenomenon!
Until next time!
Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am a firm Believer in Coconut oil!
ReplyDeleteLove it, can't live without it!