Sunday, April 11, 2010

Girl Meets Green

Alright so I have to admit this before I start writing my blog. Yesterday I finished watching Julie and Julia and I was immediately obsessed with the blogging world. I had to have one, and it had to be about food!! So here I am, less than 24 hours later, starting my own blog about food. Now please, I'm not so unorigional that I can't think of my own topic within food thats different from Julie's! So instead of blogging about de-boning chickens and writing about how many sticks of butter I go though a week, I'm dedicating my blog to nutrition and its effects on the mind, body, and soul.
After having several health problems myself, including Celiac Disease, I have come to the conclusion that all of our problems can be solved by what we put into and onto our bodies. Now this seems so simple right? Well of course, "we are what we eat", but so many people, including myself, put total CRAP into their bodies. All of the "diet", no sugar added, low calorie drinks and foods we are eating to try and "lose weight" are really only bringing us one step closer to cancer, diabetes, alzheimers, and so many other diseases that are running rampant throughout society. People have become so obsessed with dieting and being as thin and "in shape" as possible that we have become blinded as to what we are really doing to our bodies. Do you think that putting chemicals into our bodies that look like they are spelled in German will make you feel energetic and revived? Does starving yourself and only eating celery and tomato juice sound like what your body really needs to survive? It sounds horrible to me! And then on the other side of the dieting teeter totter we have the unhealthy fatty eaters who drive through Mc Donalds every day and think french fries are a vegetable.
Now please, don't get me wrong, I loooove food! I love chocolate, I can't live without ice cream, and I think Mexican food is the best thing that ever happened to our earth. I have just found a healthier way to eat these things, and also eat them in moderation. I could honestly say that food is at the center of my world and I think about it all the time! So please don't think that this blog is going to be reprimanding people that eat unhealthily or enjoy a milkshake here or there, cause I do enjoy those things! But, I have also seen VAST improvements in my body after I began eating foods that were just purely from our earth. No added hormones, crazy sugars I can't pronounce, or chemicals from Mars. Just pure meats, organic vegetables, and brown rice breads. We humans come from the earth so it would only make sense that our bodies work best when we give that earth back to our bodies.
I am hoping that through writing this blog I will be able to document how the body responds to a natural, balanced diet, while still enjoying being a young adult living in California. I want to share my journey with people and show them that we can return to our roots, eliminate disease, but still eat the things we love! I also just want to share the knowledge of food and health that I have and continue to learn from those around me as I dedicate myself to a happier, healthier future, not only for me but for those around me, and the earth I live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment