So being that I am so obsessed with coconut oil, and I want EVERYONE to jump on the bandwagon, I am going to write about even MORE benefits and amazing things it can do for you. Yes, it is the tree (palm) of life, the elixir of life, I swear I think this stuff may even make you live forever; or at least until you're 110. Think about it, use coconut oil every day and you may live to see flying cars, you might be able to live on mars for a while, or even breath underwater. Who wouldn't want to do that!!! So just do it already. Go to whole foods and get the Extra Virgin Organic Coconut oil.
Benefits for this gem of a food include: gorgeous skin (I have and had very bad acne and acne scars on my face, I started putting some coconut oil on my face before I went to be and have had 3 people compliment me on my complexion just this week!), its also great for your hair. I dabble some on the ends of my dry hair before I go to bed. When I wake up I wash it out in the shower, cause it does make your hair look greasy, and its super shiny and looks really healthy afterwards. Now, not to sound gross but I did have a couple of warts on my feet; I mean come on who hasn't had one!! I put coconut oil on my feet for a week before bed and then slept with socks on and all of the warts are gone. Coincidence? I think not!
In terms of ingesting it, I suggest putting a tablespoon or so in your coffee every morning. This really helps your metabolism get going. Then I spread some on my gluten free toast that I then put avocado and eggs over easy on top of and its just decadent!! (The AMAZING benefits of eggs and eggs yolks is soon to come in one of my blogs). I try to ingest about 2 tablespoons a day and spread it across the entire day. That way I keep feeding my metabolism and it stays fast all day long.
So go out and buy coconut oil now and order the book "The Coconut Oil Miracle" on amazon.com too! It has so much more information than I have divulged here and will help you with all the sciency reasons as to why its so good for you.
Enjoy the weekend and drink some organic red wine while you're at it! Great for the heart, and the soul!
Friday, April 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I also love coconut oil. I discovered it after reading a few vegan cook books, but I've never thought to put it on my face or hair! I must try it now.
ReplyDelete